Search this and my other blogs

Monday, October 27, 2014

Baskets

Just a quick update to show that I am still alive and kicking!

From time to time I try to go back to my hobby, but I am still not always in the right frame of mind after the loss of my husband.  However, something is pulling me in the right direction... :-)

After a bit of work on my dollshouse I wanted to go back to my florist and do some work on the upstairs floor.  The workbench needed a few drawers or something to hold tools and stuff, so I decided to go for baskets.

As the walls, and therefore the workbench, are not square it takes a bit of extra work, but in reality it is not too difficult.  The baskets I am making of balsa (bottom) and paper (woven part).  It is a very simple procedure albeit time consuming, but that's miniatures for you.

I haven't finished the work yet, but wanted to show a few pictures of what I am doing at present.  The blue basket on the bench is a finished product that I made some time ago. It's also made of paper.





An update will follow when I have finished the baskets.  Till then.

3 comments:

  1. Neat baskets! No matter how long it takes for us to get through real life issues Miniatures wait patiently to bring us back to the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, and with a room full of materials
    and kits patiently waiting for my return I don't even have to go out and buy stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.haveanepiphanie.com/ Haveanepiphanie adalah sebuah blog pribadi yang digunakan untuk mencari informasi-informasi mengenai permainan idn poker Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.