Search this and my other blogs

Monday, November 15, 2010

Back from New Zealand and some more 'brick laying' done

Although I have been back from my trip for over a week now, I haven't had much time to update my blogs.  There's always so much else to do...  However, our local group's get-together was last Sunday and I took my florist to do some more brick laying.  It took me the best part of the day and a sore back, but once you start you'll have to finish, especially in the warmer months when the paper clay tends to dry a lot quicker.  So here are the pictures of the side and front of the shop:



Next step is probably the dormer, but I am not too sure yet if I am going to do cladding or add brickwork.  Building structures often don't have brickwork for dormers, because there wouldn't be a base for the bricks to sit on.  If I can't make up my mind I may start on the paving.  Let's keep it a surprise for the moment. :-)

The other additions for the shop can be found on my other blog: Marion's Miniatures, because that's where I have written about my trip to New Zealand.

Additions to this blog however are six new followers that I would like to welcome.  They are:

Cheryl at A Miniature Place,
Allison at Miniature Allsorts (such striking name),
Patty Clark at Mini Babies,
Sylvia at Lotjes Dollshouse (called after her dog, I believe),
Lorraine at Dfly Creations - Dollhouse Miniatures,
and last but not least Maria at Casitas en Miniatura.

As usual I have visited all your blogs (if I haven't done so before) and loved what I saw.  Well worth visiting, all of them.  New mini friends, a warm welcome from

Marion

5 comments:

  1. Wow, das muß eine Arbeit gewesen sein. Ich bin sehr gespannt wie du sie anmalen wirst.
    Schön, dass du wieder online bist.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, Marion. I find all your blogs a huge inspiration and look forward to seeing more of your work. Keep mini-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Marion....what a difference the bricks make. That is looking fantastic! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dat ziet er al mooi uit Marion!!! Wat een werk zal het geweest zijn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.