Search this and my other blogs

Friday, October 15, 2010

Changing my mind again

One shouldn't change one's mind too often, it always means more work. :-)

You may recall that the building originally was meant for a workshop at the club, consisting only of a base with two walls.  An inside/outside scene.  The club member who prepared the kits decided to extend it and since I liked the idea I did so too.  One thing lead to another and I ended up with a building complete with roof and dormer window.  Then I decided it was going to be my flower shop.  So far so good, but when you don't plan these things properly you're bound to run into little problems here and there.  Now I want the inside and outside clad with paper clay and also the cobble stones in the street are going to be done in paper clay.  This means that the existing floor is too low. I realised it after the stairs were completed, the floor boards scored and the door frame installed.

Now I am going to install a floor with real floor boards, which means that the first step of the stairs will be a bit too low, but I am not going to worry about it.  I didn't like the idea of the door frame disappearing behind the floor boards, so I've cut them shorter:



The paint work, already finished, needs a bit of repairing, but that's no big deal.  I've started on the floor boards, but alas, I didn't work out the measurements correctly and now I am short of wood for the planks.  I'll need to put up my thinking cap to solve the problem, because I cannot remember what kind of timber I used and where it came from in the first place.....  I might have to cheat a bit.  If I do so I will take a picture of the finished work and let you try and find out where I have cheated!!! 

This is the floor so far:


So far I am quite happy with it, considering that almost nothing is square and I had to do a lot of measuring and sanding....

Oh, and I can show you a piccie of the spiral staircase as well.  It worked out fine.  All I need to do now is to think of a suitable colour.  The outfit of the shop is going to be something like shabby chic, so it will need to blend in well.


I am going to wait with placing the staircase until I have done the decorating, because it will only get in the way and will get damaged too if I'm not careful.


Since I have started posting on this blog again I have discovered a number of new followers.  Of course it's time to welcome all of you, so, a warm welcome to

Sonya at Cannellaemelograno
Ana at Mi mundo en rosa
Beatrice at Les Miniatures de Béatrice
Annalisa at Minilisa
Anneke at Pieplyts
Marie at Recréation Miniature
Silvia at Il piccolo ondo di Silvia and
Catherine  at Le monde créatif de Catherine
and I hope you will be entertained as much as I am when I visit your blogs.

Insofar you had a blog I have visited and enjoyed what I saw.  Tori is my dear daughter-in-law who is a wonderful scrapper, but doesn't have time for frivolous things like blogs, what with her family, work and study!

That's all for now.  I should consider housework today and if I'm good possibly a little bit of creativity....

3 comments:

  1. Gracias a tí, por compartir tus buenos trabajos¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello , I don't understand why you can't find my blog , the mistery of Blogger hi...hi...
    This is my blog :
    http://lemondecratifdecatherine.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see you soon !

    Catherine / mooghiscath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esta quedando fantastico, me encanta.
    Feliz fin de semana
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.