Search this and my other blogs

Friday, October 1, 2010

Spring is in the air

Yes, in the southern hemisphere spring is in the air, albeit a bit wet which is quite unusual for this time of the year.  However, more time for me to spend indoors and I have finally finished the parrot tulips I had started in June.  Remember I forgot to bring my paint?  Well, they're finished now and I have also managed to squeeze in a planter with white geraniums.  One can never have enough geraniums I reckon.




I still have a stack of flower kits, so these are still from Variaatjes.  I  hope I won't reach the bottom of the stack too soon.  I love the vase that came with the tulip flower kit.  Don't you?  And the planter for the white geraniums is just cardboard, but I happened to have some terracotta paint for a full scale outdoor job and tried in on the card.  Looks pretty enough to me.  The white geraniums have replaced the pink ones outside Scrooge's residence, because the pink ones will probably look prettier on the florist's wall. 

Well that's it for today.  Running out of time.  I have noticed quite a number of new followers.  Hello to you all. I have visited your blogs, insofar you have one, and will come back to welcome you all properly.  For now, I am going to do some much needed housework. :-)

See you all
Marion

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love your geraniums in particular Marion, they look so real, I really must have a go at making a flower kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, thanks for the compliment. I am glad you like them too. They came out differently from the pink ones that I've done earlier (see February), but I like them just as much. I've still got a kit with red ones, but before I tackle those I want to do some hyacints perhaps. I like variation too. ;-) The geraniums are a lot of work, but I reckon well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhorabuena por esas preciosas plantas, los geranios me encantan.
    Feliz fin de semana.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marion...you are the winner of my giveaway. Please take a look at my blog :0)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.