Search this and my other blogs

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally, the roof!

The club meeting on Sunday was productive insofar that I got the roof done. I needed a lot of help measuring (like before), because of the odd shape of the house. We finally got it right after a lot of planing and adjusting. However, that was the good part. I got a lot of practice using the hand (or block) plane and I did a little bit of work on the band saw. It feels great to be working with wood and I would have never experienced it had I not been confronted with this little project that ever only was to be a floor and two walls with a bay window........



Back: The roof made to measure


If you look closer at the 2nd picture you can see that the wall has been extended above the door and the bay window. The roof with that bit of wall section would come off at the original building, but I have decided to extend it so that I can put lights in the dormer or anywhere else upstairs. With a split floor it would have been rather difficult to fix the wiring.

The next picture shows spiral stairs in the making (if you were wondering what the heck they were). :-) In the distant past my husband sometimes helped me out with little things and at some stage he started experimenting with a spiral staircase. Sadly it never got used, until...... perhaps now! I was thinking of using an oriental fan that had fallen apart and to use the parts to transform it into a black cast iron staircase, but in hindsight, I might just see what I can do with these treads. I'll keep you posted.......


On another note: I noticed to my surprise that I may welcome even more followers. I promised the other day that I would get properly aquainted with all of you, but so far I have been working on the list of my other blog (that's the problem when you have more than one and I was actually planning a third!!!) However, I will get back to this when I have finished the other list and will then only welcome those people more extensively that are not (yet) a follower of my witch's cottage's blog to save myself time. You know, I do want to work on my miniatures rather then spending all my time on the computer. LOL

I'll keep in touch. In the meantime a warm welcome to my new followers and warm regards in general from me, and thank you again for visiting....

3 comments:

  1. Good for you sorting out that roof - your club days must be quite fun! I think it's going to be a lovely project.

    I'm still waiting for the arrival of the 'chopper' - I think someone is swimming to America to pick it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Norma, your chopper sure is taking its time, especially when you're wating to start working with it. As for the club days, they are at least good fun for me! Not many takers though, for the woodworking. Poor man, he brings in all his tools and machines: band saw, scroll saw, block plane, hand saw, vice etc. and I am the only one using them...... I hope he knows how much I appreciate it. I'll have to make sure I tell him again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're really lucky to have this guy bring his tools, and his expertise, maybe you should bake him a cake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.